Kopp Drug
















About Kopp Drug

Morley A. Cohn is the owner and President of Kopp Drug, Inc., of Altoona, PA. Morley's father Joseph Cohn, a 1924 graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy, founded Kopp Drug in 1925. The company has grown into a chain of 10 community service oriented drug stores; with the newest location just opening in January 2010 at 1600 9th Avenue, Altoona.

Morley is a 1962 graduate of the St. Louis College of Pharmacy and is a practicing Pharmacist, filling in at the various locations. He resides in Altoona with his wife and has three grown children. Morley serves on the Pennsylvania Pharmaceutical Association 3rd Party Legislative Committee, is on the Board of Directors of the Altoona Hospital and Value Drug, is a member of Altoona Rotary and serves on the Regional Chain Committee of NACDS. Active in various charities, Morley is also Chairman of Israel Bonds in Altoona.

Brief History of Kopp Drug, Inc.
Founder: Joseph Cohn
Joseph Cohn graduated from Altoona High School in 1921 and the University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy in 1924. In 1925 he established the first Kopp Drug located at 1200 17th Street. He stayed at that location until 1930. In 1930 Joseph and his wife Yetta moved to Huntingdon area where he established Hilly's Drug store, which is now known as Kopp Drug. In 1945 Joseph and his family moved back to Altoona. He then bought Kopp Drug, which was located at 11th Avenue and 16th Street. In 1946 Glen's Drug Store was purchased in Hollidaysburg on Allegheny Street and then relocated in 1975 to its current location on Blair Street.

In 1962 Morley A. Cohn (son of Joseph), graduated from the St. Louis College of Pharmacy and began his career in the family business. Morley is currently President and owner of 10 Kopp Drug Store locations. In 1969 the first location on Pleasant Valley Boulevard was established. Between the years of 1975 and 1988 several additional locations in Martinsburg, Tyrone, and Bellwood were acquired. In 1990 a fifth location was opened in Altoona on Eighth Avenue; this was the first drive-up facility for prescription services in this area. In 2000 store #9 was opened in Roaring Spring, which also has a drive-up facility. With 2002 the tenth store was opened on 58th Street in Altoona. Presently there are locations in both Huntingdon and Blair County. Kopp also has an office and warehouse located at 1405 13th Avenue in Altoona. This building is over 11,700 square feet in size. With the addition of our new location on the Web, Kopp Drug looks forward to many years of continued service in Pennsylvania and on the World Wide Web!

Thank you for visiting us.